You are ready to switch to a new dental clinic in Edmonton, but where do you start? While there are plenty of dental clinics and qualified dental professionals, you need to find the right dentist for you and your family. Being comfortable in your dentist’s chair has a lot to do with the trust and confidence you feel towards the dentist, as well as the clinic staff and general ambiance.
What to Look for in Your Edmonton Dental Clinic
- Locations and Hours – If you want a dental clinic that is close enough to your home so you are not traveling too far just for regular cleanings or dental emergencies. Also, you want to look into their hours and see if they will work with your own schedule. Ask whether evenings and weekends are offered to busy people who cannot take time off from work. Check whether after-hours appointments are available for emergencies.
- Cost and Insurance – Dental work can be costly. If you have insurance, make sure the clinic you are considering will work with your provider and help with claims processing. Also, look for a clinic that offers multiple payment options, such as credit cards, personal checks or even payment plans.
- Comfort – When you walk in, how comfortable is the lobby? A lobby and the staff operating it can tell you plenty about how the clinic operates as a whole. Take a look at the equipment and overall cleanliness of the facility. You want a clinic that uses the latest technology and updates their equipment to give you the benefits of advanced tools and techniques.
- Qualifications – The office staff should be able to tell you about the dentist’s training and education. You will want to know how many years of experience they have, any licensing boards they have passed as well as any professional affiliations they may have.
- Procedures – To save yourself the hassle, look for a clinic that offers a variety of procedures, including cosmetic dentistry, reconstructive procedures, and also the regular cleanings and oral care procedures.
- Full Family Care – Not all Edmonton dental clinics offer full family care. Some clinics only accept children after age 10, while others offer pediatric dentistry services. If you have children or are planning to, you will want to pick a clinic that can service the entire family.
Are you looking for a new dental clinic in Edmonton? Saddleback Dental Centre is now accepting new patients. From cosmetic dental procedures to emergency treatments and regular check-ups, our friendly staff is here to keep your smile looking its best. Book your appointment by calling us at 780 437-4872 or contact us online.